Doctor Bashir, I Presume : A Simple Investigation : Business as Usual.
Odo encounters the attractive Arissa. She tells him that she is about to meet with Tauvid Rem who is going to provide information about a daughter she gave up fifteen years earlier. But when the two enter his quarters, Tauvid has been killed. Arissa admits that she is working as a computer hacker for Draim of the notorious Orion Syndicate but wants to leave the criminal organization. All she still needs is the information stored on Tauvid's data crystal to buy her own life. After spending a night with Arissa, Odo is informed by an Idanian agent that she is actually one of his people who was surgically altered to infiltrate the organization. All memories of her former life were erased and stored on the data crystal. The Idanian and Odo save Arissa when Draim is going to kill her, but he has to let her return to her married life.
Errors and Explanations
- BrianB on Thursday, April 15, 1999 - 2:37 am: Odo described Arissa as an observant woman. Obviously, she didn't observe the two syndicate henchmen spying on her at Quark's. Otherwise, she wouldn't later confront "Bud Abbott" & not ask where his chubby sidekick is. Perhaps they were good enough at surveillance to prevent anyone realising what they were up to.
- Keith Alan Morgan on Thursday, April 29, 1999 - 7:39 am: Why didn't the sensors pick up the energy burst of the weapon? It could have been masked somehow.
- In the cargo bay there were some containers and barrels with Cardassian symbols on them, why? (I suppose it could have been looted from the Cardassians by the Klingons during the war.) Or retained when Starfleet took over. CdnTim 1640 EST 16Feb2021 - Or have been transshipped through DS9 before the Cardassians joined the Dominion, and now in limbo.
- When Arisa claimed that she had had a child, my mom couldn't believe that by the 24th century they didn't have reliable contraceptives. Perhaps Arisa was in what she believed to be a steady relationship at the time.
- John A. Lang (Johnalang) on Friday, July 09, 2010 - 11:31 pm: As we know, Odo has a lot of problems telling Kira his true feelings for the last few seasons. Yet, he jumps into bed with Arissa after only knowing her for a few days. Brian FitzGerald (Brifitz1980) on Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 12:08 am: That's because Kira hasn't shown that kind of interest in him & is a good friend, meaning that if he does come right out with his feelings he could ruin their friendship if she's not interested. Arissa on the other hand was ready & willing.
- According to the startrek.com episode list, the provisional stardate for this episode is 50451.